KIN

.

Wearing My Party Planner Hat

Posted on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dear Amy,

Yes, I had to pee in a cup in the Welcome Center. I didn't tell anyone what I was doing, which made me feel like a total criminal, sneaking my cup of pee out in my diaper bag (which, unsurprisingly, are really great at hiding pee). It's an experience I had to do twice, and I hope I never, ever, ever have to do again. Cue the red face of embarrassment.

The only picture I took at the shower. What a lame blogger!
How funny is it that you mom visited the same weekend as my mom? I'm sure you guys had as much fun as we did. It was great timing for me... I threw a shower on Saturday and I put my mom to work cooking and cleaning and keeping Harry happy. I honestly don't know how I would have shown up to the shower (at my very own house) in anything besides work out clothes and two day un-washed hair without my mom's help. And my hair needs to be washed every day, unlike you lucky curly Q's.

Here's the thing about parties. I love planning them. Gathering inspiration and finding the perfect details... that's what is so much fun for me. I love to craft, make my house perfect for the party, cook, clean, etc. But when it comes to throwing the party? I'm kind of terrible. First, being an introvert, I'm not a great hostess. I kind of hope that people will be distracted by the decor and the food, and I won't have to do any socializing. And second, I'm such a clean freak that I'm forever paranoid that someone will spill beer on my carpet. The second part is easy to fix. I just don't serve beer... or I serve it outdoors only.

To be honest, I'm already planning Harry's first birthday party in my head. I think I have an idea set... although there is so much floating around in that noggin of mine that every day I think of something new, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to start a few Pinterest pages to see which direction I want to go in. Other parties on my list? A Halloween party (won't happen), a Birthday Party from Afar for a certain husband, a Cookie and Ornament Swap (probably won't happen), oh and my Golden Birthday party (in 3 years). Am I the only one who does this? You've got to plan parties in your head, even if you don't like the actual follow through, right? No?

(And to answer your question, I'm always a fan of the mailed invite, just because they can be so pretty. But I only send out thank you's if someone brings a gift. And if you want to go casual, send an email invite. And here's a tip... outdoor parties are much less stressful.)

So... how's the job hunt going? (I'll admit, I already kind of know, but I want to hear all the details!)

The party planner,
Mallory

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Kin All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger