KIN

.

Just checking in.

Posted on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mallory!

I know we talk all the time, but I still feel like I haven't talked to you as much within the past week. Is that weird? Life has just gotten so busy for both of us. We texted throughout the weekend, but I was kind of in my own mind Saturday and Sunday. Work is fine, but my spirit has been crushed a bit. Aaron and I are confused about what we want to do after the military, so we've been talking about that a lot. The weather has been all over the place, which always takes a toll on me.

Etc.

What did I do over the weekend? Well, I explored the main library downtown. It may be one of my favorite spots in our new town. It's huge--like all good downtown libraries--and always filled with interesting characters. Parking is free downtown, which makes the trip even more exciting [I'm such a tightwad].


I worked out on Sunday solo. This is always a big deal for me because I'm not very self-motivated unless I'm seeing results. And! Lo and behold! I'm seeing results! So it was a productive trip to the gym. My goal is to get my butt back and my triceps. I would also love to be able to "run" [on the elliptical] without talking myself off of it [always a struggle]. I also need to find a motivating playlist. But that's not important. Right? [Actually, in my case, it is very important. To me.]

I also snapped a few shots of this forgotten house.

I also took the dogs for a few walks. The weather was fantastic--sunny, warm enough to walk around without a jacket, but I was still able to layer up--and they are in dire need of more leash training. [Does leash training feel like a constant battle to anyone else? Sometimes they're great. Other times it's all "SQUIRREL!" and all of a sudden you're being dragged across the sidewalk.]

How was your weekend? Did you get anything fun accomplished? Did you relax? How is Harry? How is Calvin?

xoxo, Amy

2 comments:

  1. I think the right playlist is the most important thing for me. I always feel great once I get going but it's just not going to happen if the tunes aren't right. I'm loving your forgotten houses photos, it makes me so sad to think there are so many family homes lying empty. They should be filled with food and noise and pets! I like to think some of the gems you've found will manage that again somedY though, so can't wait to see more .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes on the leash training! This morning it was more like SQUIRRELLLL than really a leisurely walk :)

    ReplyDelete

Kin All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger