KIN

.

A Quick Illness Induced Hiatus

Posted on: Monday, November 4, 2013

Dear Amy,

Woah. I dropped off the planet last week. Sorry about that. Harry and I were both sick Tuesday, and the poor dude held on to his until Saturday. Four days of 102+ fever, sad and mopey baby, bad sleep, and lots of nursing. It was all I could do to feed myself last week.

But back to the topic on hand, that's funny that you took the quiz twice. I did too. I got Oregon my second time. How strange that you got New Mexico and Georgia! I never would have picked either of those states for you. Who knows what they base that data on. But it's pretty fun.

Little extroverted Mallory.
I don't think there was a moment when I realized nothing was wrong with me... I think it was more like realizing that there was a better, different word for my shy-ness. I was terribly outgoing as a child, and then, like I said, I kind of retreated inside myself and would tear up if I had to talk to strangers or be in front of a huge crowd.

The funny thing is, though, I did a lot of things that might cause severe sweating and hyperventilation in other introverts. I was in a play, as the comedic relief (what?!) in eight grade. I did the morning announcements in middle school. I was a cheerleader. I was student body president my senior year, which meant leading the weekly student council meetings. I was a group fitness instructor throughout college.

Some of these things just don't add up! So it leads me to believe there is an introvert-extrovert spectrum. Most people fall somewhere in the middle, and I definitely do - though I'm much closer to the introverted side. Do you think this is true? What kinds of things (aside from your fabulous laugh) might surprise other introverts?

My lumberjack + I pulled a little introverted Halloween thing and stayed home to pass out candy (then snuck out for a walk).
Also, happy birthday to Aaron! And happy Halloween a few days late! Anything special planned for today? What about last week? Did you dress up?

xoxo,
Mallory

1 comments:

  1. You were such a cute kid! Look at that mini cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete

Kin All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger