KIN

.

So Long 2013.

Posted on: Friday, December 13, 2013

Amy,

Well you already know that I cried after reading your last letter, but let it be known (to the whole wide world, and/or the internet) that I totally lost it.

I am so thankful for you as well. I'm thankful for the friendship that blossomed out of a few emails and a mutual love for Harry Potter. I'm thankful for a friend who pushes me creatively. I'm thankful for a confidant who just gets it. I'm thankful for your permission to cry. I'm thankful that you drove all the way down here, sacrificing an entire weekend to sit on my couch and drink tea with me. I'm just so dang thankful.

You've had quite a year, and I love your attitude. So many things running the gamut from good to bad have happened to both of us this past year and holy cow. Attitude is everything. Staying positive in the face of unhappy, staying grounded (and giddy) in the face of elation. And allowing a quick breakdown when it's necessary. But a positive, half full attitude really makes a year something to be thankful for.

My 2013, according to Instagram.
Can you believe 2014 is upon us? I can't. In 2014, I'm going to have a one year old. I'm going to be moving. Again. (More on that later though.) I'm going to have a reunion which I've been waiting the last four years for. And so, so much more. Some I can anticipate and some I can not, but it's going to be an adventure.

Are you one for resolutions? I'm not, though I'm constantly trying to improve myself. I don't like to sit down at the beginning of the year and write out a list of all the things I'm doing wrong that I wish I wasn't doing. I usually try my hardest to break those "resolutions" as quickly as possible. But like I said, I'm constantly making sure I'm my best self.

So in 2014 I hope to remain positive and take every challenge as a new adventure. I hope to explore more than I've ever explored before. And I hope to love as hard as I possibly can.

What's 2014 have in store for you?

Mallory

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Kin All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger